SAFETEC pump set
To empty full containment re-usable IBC's and drums, compatible with CDS/QC couplings.
Environmental protection and sustainability
Safe handling of dangerous chemicals.
All over the world, the requirements for environmental protection and sustainability are steadily increasing. At the same time, the safety requirements for handling hazardous chemicals are increasing accordingly. For these reasons, more and more chemical packaging is being brought onto the market in drums or IBC containers that are sealed and that are emptied using a permanently installed immersion tube using a suction process.
- Completely closed and sealed container.
- No contamination of the contents with dirt or foreign
- Optimum occupational safety even in event of incorrect operation, as the quick-action coupling means that no unintentional leakage of media is possible.
- No drips. No manual handling of parts exposed to chemicals, no need to open caps or closures.
- Saving of cleaning costs for reusable IBC‘s, since the sealing means that they can be refilled without cleaning and flushing.
- As there is no floor outlet and the option of doublewalled container design, the IBC systems can be set up
without additional WHG collecting tray.
The solution for emptying
With Sealed classic drum or container pumps, it is not possible to empty full containment IBC’s, as there are no openings for inserting a drum pump. A self-priming pump is needed for emptying the container through an immersion tube. For this purpose, SONDERMANN has developed the SAFETEC pump set. The pump set contains all the components required for safe emptying of the container.
- All components of the pump set are combined in a compact console. The console is delivered with a wall bracket, which can optionally be mounted on a trolley.
- An integrated sensor detects and signals when the container is empty and switches of the pump.
- With integrated quantity measurement, the SAFETEC pump set is suitable for filling containers or for batch dosing. *
- Comfortable operation via an graphical touch panel (can be operated with chemical gloves also). *
- Maximum safety through hermetically sealed selfpriming pump and additional leakage tray
- The leakage tray can be equipped with a leak sensor. *
Connect the container with corresponding coupling and hose, then connect it to the pump set. Also connect the pump set to your system or your extraction point with another hose.
The pump set empties the container, reports automatically when the container is empty (option) and switches itself off. If you use a nozzle on the pressure side of the pump set, you can also use the COMFORT D version of the pump set to dose or fill the medium from the container into a smaller container.
Simply enter the desired amount via the touch panel and fill it at the nozzle. The pump set switches off automatically when the required quantity is reached.
Self-priming centrifugal pump MAGSON MAS
Due to the magnetic coupling, there is no shaft seal to the motor and the pump is hermetically sealed. Therefore no leakage is possible and the pump is almost maintenance-free. Manufactured with PP or ETFE body, the resistance of the pump can be selected to suit the chemicals on site. The pump is self-priming up to a suction height of 5m, produces strong suction and runs quietly and smoothly.
IBC Level Sensor
Protects the pump from running dry. This sensor detects when air bubbles appear in the pipeline. As soon as the container is empty and air is sucked in, the sensor detects this and switches the pump off.
Tray Level sensor (option)
This sensor detects any liquid that may collect in the leakage tray. The pump is switched off and the fault is shown on the display.
Flow meter (option)
Included in the SAFETEC KOMFORT D pump set, records the flow rate and enables dosing and filling.
Removable Acrylic glass pane
Fitted to console for splash and intrusion protection.
Fitted with main switch with integrated motor protection switch for manual pump control.
Includes control panel with main switch, ON / OFF button and pump dry run protection. If the container is empty and the pump sucks in air, it is switched off automatically.
Touch panel displays operating states ON / OFF; Fault container empty / dry run; leakage fault (option) as well as an emergency stop button and a main switch.
KOMFORT D version
Touch Panel including dosing. Display of operating status ON / OFF; Fault container empty / dry run; leakage fault (option) as well as an emergency stop button and a main switch. Dosing is controlled via the graphical user interface.
Manual ON / OFF switching via touch panel for manual operation
In automatic mode, different filling quantities can be stored and selected. After filling has started, the pump starts and stops automatically as soon as the desired filling quantity is reached. If the container is empty and the pump sucks in air, it is also automatically switched off and the operating status is displayed on the touch panel.